Yal Ku Lagoon
Casa Romero is one of the historical houses of Akumal. It was the first house on Yal Ku Lagoon and built by a close associate of Akumal’s founder, Pablo Bush Romero. In the years since then, this landmark home has been upgraded with modern conveniences and individually controlled air conditioning throughout, but retains its classic historical elegance.
Casa Romero is part of the “Romero Estate” which includes Casa Romero, Casa French Angel and Casa Blue Tang (Casa Romero is in the middle). All face the lagoon directly and all were completely renovated and upgraded in 2007. With private free access to the lagoon and great views of both Yal Ku and the ocean, this location is simply – perfect!
Gaze over the panoramic view of the lagoon from the main living room, which features a high ceiling, lagoon view glass wall with sliders and comfortable seating areas for various activities. A flat screen TV with satellite service is provided for your entertainment. If you need to stay in touch, bring your laptop and take advantage of free Wi-Fi Internet, and there is a VOIP telephone for free calls to and from the US.
Just outside the living room is the pool patio. A nicely tiled deck has a table and chairs, and leads to a slightly elevated pool with a tanning deck. The infinity edge swimming pool has a lovely rock waterfall, with Yal Ku Lagoon as the main feature. Impromptu meals and cookouts are a snap on the pool patio, and it’s a convenient place to relax between snorkeling sessions in the lagoon, or playtime in the pool.
Walk out a few steps from the patio to your private lagoon access and slip on your fins and snorkeling gear. Turn left towards the head of the lagoon and commune with Parrotfish, Angels and Sergeant Majors, or turn right and swim towards the sea. You may spot a turtle or ray after the lagoon transitions to a sandy inlet. With essentially no waves the lagoon is ideal for young adults and children under supervision, offering magnificent snorkeling in calmer water for both the novice and experienced snorkeler.
The dining room is just to the right past the entry, the spiral stairway and the powder room, and features another view of the lagoon. There is a custom built dining suite provides stylish seating for 8. Off the dining room, a completely remodeled kitchen features all new appliances (including an ice maker with purified water), tile and marble counter tops, and all new cabinets. There is a six burner stove/oven, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, blender, etc., as well as fully stocked place settings, glasses, and serving dishes. You can easily prepare your own meals, go out to any of the area restaurants, or hire your caretaker to fix memorable dinners in the privacy of the villa.
There are three large bedroom suites and spacious common areas inside and outside for your enjoyment. On the ground floor is a large bedroom with a king size bed and a private patio that leads to the pool and lagoon. Upstairs are two more bedrooms, both with great elevated lagoon views. The master bedroom has a panoramic view from its king size bed, and a magnificent pink marble bathroom/dressing room with a Jacuzzi tub. The third bedroom has a similar view with a queen size bed and a double bed, and its own exterior terrace and stairway to the pool and lagoon. All the bedrooms are fully air-conditioned.
Unique to all of Akumal is the spectacular view of Yal Ku from Casa Romero’s high observation tower with its balcony terrace. You are likely to find this cool breezy perch a favorite throughout the day and into the evening. Turtles can often be spotted in the inlet to the lagoon.
Casa Romero offers plenty of space for big groups and is perfect for large family groups or several families traveling together. Casa Romero can be combined with one or more of the property’s townhouse/condos, offering a maximum occupancy of up to 28 people (plus another 14 at nearby Casa Delfin [by the same owners] if needed).
Please, No Smoking Inside Villa
3 Bedrooms, 3.5 Bathrooms – Sleeps 8
- Master bedroom – upper level – 1 king bed – private bath with Jacuzzi tub & separate shower
- Guest bedroom – upper level – 1 queen bed, 1 double bed, private terrace
- Guest bedroom – lower level – 1 king bed – private patio
Weekly / Nightly Rates
|Jan 6 – Apr 13, 2018||$3,999.00 + tax||$669.00 + tax|
|Apr 14 – Aug 24, 2018||$3,299.00 + tax||$549.00 + tax|
|Aug 25 – Nov 16, 2018||$2,799.00 + tax||$466.00 + tax|
|Nov. 17 – Dec 21, 2018||$3,999.00 + tax||$669.00 + tax|
|Dec 22 – Jan 6, 2019||$6,999.00 + tax||$1,169.00 + tax|
Add 16% tax to above rates.
- Rates are in USD. 16% tax is not included in the above rates.
- Maximum occupancy: 8 People
- Security deposit: $800 usd credit card (MC/VISA) ”hold” authorization prior to arrival, to be ”released” following your stay and routine inspection, barring any undue damages.
- Saturday to Saturday rentals preferred, with some flexibility for arrival/departure days and duration of stay.
- Christmas & New Years, weekly rentals only.
- Rates subject to change without notice.
Weddings and Events at Casa Romero
- We are happy to make the accommodation reservations for your wedding or event at Casa Romero. The actual wedding ceremony or event at the Romero Complex must be arranged through Jen Smith, the owner of and wedding planner for Turtle Bay Weddings and Events. Please contact us for Jen’s contact information.
- Wedding / Event Fees: $1,000.00 USD (up to 25 people attending), $1,500.00 USD (up to 50 people attending), $2,000.00 USD (more than 50 people attending).
- Gratuity for Weddings & Events: In addition to the Wedding & Event fee, we collect $4. USD per person, per night, in advance, which will be given directly to the staff.
- Minimum Stays for Weddings & Events: High Season 7 nights, Low Season 5 nights.
- Room Requirements for Events: In addition to Casa Romero, guest must also rent three of the townhouses that are on the same grounds as Casa Romero. See French Angel and Blue Tang Townhouses.